Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Different strokes for different folks

Since the students in my English classes like to listen to music, I usually try to play a song in each class and center an activity around it. So far the success rate for bringing in music from my collection that they actually enjoy has been pretty low (low being around .1 - .2 percent, note the decimal points).

Artists that my students do not like:

Pink Martini
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
The Kinks
Bob Marley
The Temptations
Neil Young

Comments for these artists have ranged from, "This music is very bad" to "I think this music is horrible."

Artists most requested by my students:

Brittney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Rihanna
Lincoln Park

This has been one of the most difficult aspects of my job.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this makes me sad. You must bring good music to Vietnam. This is Mary by the way and I am listening to Primal Scream. Get them to dance while listening to the music, maybe that would help.

    ReplyDelete